Sunday, June 15, 2008

If I had two personalities, I would go crazy

Talking to my mom always makes me feel a little better, even though she is one of the most frustrating people in my life. She makes me laugh and I always appreciate a good laugh.

I don't know about you, but I have a lot of internal dialogue. I'm actually not sure if it should be classified dialogue, since what I have more aptly can be defined as debates. Being on a diet that is more of an exercise regieme and "make-food-to-eat-since-there-is-no-meal-plan-in-Illinois" kind of diet, I feel like I am going through the detox stage. I constantly crave sugar.

Ice cream. Cheesecake. Cookies. Carmel. Whipped cream. Ice cream. Chocolate. You know, ALL the sugar-fortified goodness that I am used to treating myself with.

I once heard that it is OK to treat yourself once in a while so that when you crave something, you don't go overboard with it. I agree with this, but I am also trying to be economically wise. Quantity over quality, I suppose. The other week, I got a quart of pecan ice cream and pretty much ate it, to my horror, in two sittings. Granted, they were a few days apart, but when I realized what I had done, I decided to put an end to it.

Since the beginning of this month, I have been working out every night. By "working out", I mean exercising not only my self control but my body. Since the 1st, I have escalated my nocturnal work outs from 30 sit-ups to 100. So, every night, I do 100 crunches and other random exercises that I don't know the name of but they give me a burn so I assume it is effective to some part of my anatomy.

How this relates to the ice cream horror story: I have realized that no matter how much I work out, if I "treat" myself every now and again, it's not a good thing. I need to learn a new way to treat myself other than with food so that I learn a new lifestyle that will be healthy with my new life I am trying to get to.

However, I am also poor.

I have too many financially-dependant goals. Want to see them?

1. Pay off credit card bills (who doesn't have this goal?)
2. Pay insurance
3. Pay rent
4. Save money for a down payment on a new car for next year

I guess #1-3 aren't really goals as much as "fixed expenditures", but I like to think of them as obstacles to get to goal #4. Personal goals are as follows:

1. Escalate workouts over the summer to reach 300 crunches per day
2. Make healthy food choices by creating a two-week menu
3. Save $70/month for emergency fund
4.

You know, I have always functioned well with to-do lists. As unfocused as I am, I am going to make one for the next month.

No comments: