Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blessings

Tonight, a huge responsibility was played out in front of me. It was the release party of the journal myself and my fellow graduating English majors worked on since January. I was nervous about the party because I wasn't really involved in the planning process--really, I just looked into centerpieces.

I am really glad that I didn't meddle though, and trusted the girls who planned and orchestrated the event. People showed up, everyone enjoyed themselves, we sold an entire box of journals, we gave away prizes and awards (even though I accidentally gave away my copy of the journal that I worked really hard on to get signatures and stuff in), and people were involved! Usually, English department parties are super bland and everyone stands around awkwardly, and everything is over by 8:00. My editorial team is blowing the English professors minds with how amazing we all are, and how high we are setting standards.

Too bad my camera is on the fritz, otherwise I would post pictures.

I am really proud of my team, the effort they put forth, and how accommodating they are. Everyone is so available to get things done, don't act like 3rd graders who need to be prompted to do anything, and--in short--they get shit done.

They're a blessing to me, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people (except one person who is dead weight, but we won't discuss that).

No comments: