Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Era [until July 19]

I have thought very briefly and hastily about this.

But, for three months, I am denouncing ice cream. From April 19 to July 19, I will function in an ice cream-free zone.

I feel good about this because at times, I feel like I have an addiction to the frozen treat. I don't intend to indulge in an entire pint of, say, Ben & Jerry's "Mission to Marzipan" or Haagen-Daz's "Caramel Cone" but once I do, it's not something I want to do again.

Instead of ice cream, I will buy a book or CD. After all, Vons sells two pints of the aforementioned treats for $7 so it would be about the same price as something that will last me much longer.

But yes, I may have to substitute good books for the $5 paperback harlequin novels, which is fine by me. I enjoy those, anyway. Hahahaha

No comments: