Sunday, March 8, 2009

Toy Guns

My brother is the most socially inept person I know, and for that, I love him the most. He called me today to tell me he got approved for a full scholarship to three universities of his choosing--Citadel, Norwich, and Cal Baptist--and we started talking about how is senior year of high school is going.

"I get to give a presentation on Hannibal tomorrow," he said. Hannibal is, to my brother, a militaristic genius. In fact, he said that on a scale of awesome, he is a 1st-tier awesome level.

"Gandhi and Mother Theresa and people like them are like, third-tier." Thankfully, he thinks I qualify to be on this tier too, but he also thinks that the order of 1st tier goes God, Jesus, and then Hannibal ("he's like, .01 points away from Jesus") so I'm not sure how I feel about being third-tier.

He was saying that he was reading a book about Hannibal for the presentation and someone asked to see it. Thus, he also knew he was required to defend such a name as Hannibal, since everyone (including me) says "wasn't he a cannibal?"

After the kid asked him that, my brother said a simple "no," to which the kid asked "Then who is he?"

"I told him that he's going to have to wait until I do my presentation. Then I took my book back."

Boys are so simple.

2 comments:

Emil said...

thats amazing!!!

Corrigan Vaughan said...

Whoa whoa whoa. So what you're telling me here, is that Hannibal was not, in fact, a cannibal? In the words of Adam Savage, I reject your reality, and substitute my own.