Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paper Planes, Anyone?

Someone is writing a paper about a poem I wrote two years ago.

I am so tickled by this, I don't even know where to start. The girl--I'll call her Goo--is in my small group leadership class and is in my group. It's really funny how things like that work out.

Anyway, she wanted to talk to me about my poem because she has to deconstruct it for her literary perspectives class and she wanted my feedback and reason for writing the poem.

I kinda wish we had recorded it. She had so much to say about it--that it's about philosophy and how we start off as one thing and move further and further beyond that until all we're left with is to question "what is beyond that?" She also thought it had something to do with God and how He brings to us an understanding of who we are and the things we do...da da da da da

I felt really bad telling her that I wrote it in about four minutes because I had to turn in four poems for my creative writing class.

Lesson learned: stop prescribing meaning to stuff. Lol

I want a that orange-vanilla milkshake from JItB. Mmmm.

No comments: